Thursday, December 31, 2009

Getting Ready


So I've finally decided where to begin my reading the new year. In college at UW Madison I took a course entitled Booker Books (or something like that). When I signed up for the class I had no idea what that meant, but I had to have a modern lit credit and that looked like the best course for the semester. The class introduced to such great authors as Rushdie, Ishiguro, and one of my favorite books of all time The God of Small Things. Since then I've been following the Booker prize every year, I even love all of the betting, who bets on a book? I've already finished this years winner Wolf Hall, which eventually enjoyed after I got over the different voice narration. I'm going to finish the rest of the short list for my first months books (at least I hope!). Wish me luck starting tomorrow, and I hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment